Monday, 20 June 2011

Dave Mckean Awards...


Well tomorrow night I shall be attending the Dave Awards,  a Uni awards night set up by the incredible Dave Mckean. There are some great awards, and there will be some great talent in the room as well as sponsors including Brian Griffin, the BBC and the Young Creative Council.

I'm very honoured to have been nominated for the AOI Illustrator award that comes with a placement at the AOI. The other nominees have produced some incredible work, along with all the other Visual Communication nominees over at We Grow Cherries, there is some amazing work so it's really worth a look! I think it'll be a tough category but just to be nominated is really exciting, and it should be a great night!

You can see my entries for my category.

I'll try and take a few photos and let you all know how it goes!

4 comments:

ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said...

AMAZING!

sfd said...

Congratulations on being nominated and good luck, I hoe you win :)

Veronika (http://www.constantworkinprogress.com)

Unknown said...

Hi Hazel, do you happen to know where I can get a copy of the Dave Mckean awards booklet you have pictured?
Many thanks
you may be interested in my Mckean website www.davemckean-collector.co.uk

Hazel Castle said...

Hello there,
Sorry I must have missed your comment.
I'm afraid I don't know where you could get a copy, I've graduated now, but you could possibly get in touch with the uni
Thanks